1st Australasian Drafting Conference
15 - 17 July 1992, Canberra, ACT
Index of papers (by session)
- Session 1: Plain English
- Session 2: Income tax legislation: modernisation of the law
- Session 3: Legislation, language and writing for action
- Session 4: Plain English principles and practice
- Session 5: Plain English and drafting in general principles
- Session 6: Statutory interpretation in the 1990s
- Session 7: The role of the Parliamentary Counsel
- Session 8: A uniform interpretation Act
- Session 9: Policy-making by parliamentary counsel
- Session 10: Text retrieval systems
- Session 11: Should drafters key their drafts?
- Session 12: Automatic numbering and related issues
- Session 13: Increasing productivity in a drafting office by using computers
- Session 14: Trends in subordinate legislation
Speaker: David St L Kelly, Chairman, Victorian Law Reform Commission.
Speaker: Brian Nolan, Second Commissioner of Taxation.
Speaker: Robyn Penman, Communication Research Institute of Australia.
Speaker: Dennis Murphy, Parliamentary Counsel (NSW)
Speaker: Ian Turnbull, First Parliamentary Counsel (ACT).
Speaker: Dennis Pearce, Faculty of Law, ANU.
Speaker: Rowena Armstrong Chief Parliamentary Counsel (VIC).
Speaker: John Leahy, Parliamentary Counsel (Qld).
Speaker: Geoffrey Hackett-Jones, Chief Parliamentary Counsel (SA)
Speaker: Adrian van Wierst (OPC)
Speaker: Thomas Reid, (OPC).
Speaker: Walter Munyard, PCO (WA).
Speaker: Vince Hebberd (OPC).
Speakers: Michael Orpwood, Deputy Parliamentary Counsel (NSW) and Lisday King (ACT).